Coaches & Parents
As coaches and parents of the Heart of Iowa Soccer Club, we strive to:
- Emphasize a developmental sequence of learning technical skills and tactical concepts that are age appropriate.
- Develop good sportsmanship through a positive learning environment.
- Give each child the opportunity to grow as a soccer player, teammate, and leader through equal participation.
Canceling and Rescheduling Games
Weather Related – If games are cancelled en masse because of a weather issue, we will reschedule all games as a league; individual coaches will not need to do the rescheduling.
Please try to play your games as scheduled. If you are unavailable to make a game, try to find another coach be there for your game. But, if you must reschedule a game at the U7-U10 level, you will need to do the following:
- Contact contact the coach of the other team well in advance and
- Determine the time and location to play the rescheduled game.
- Contact Eric Wood about rescheduling the referee.
- If you are playing in Gilbert contact Kyle O'Riley to clear that a field is available. Please include:
- Reason for rescheduling
- The date and time of the reschedule and
- Your team's age-level (u6, u8, ...).