As coaches of the Gilbert Soccer Club, we strive to:
1. Emphasize a developmental sequence of learning technical skills and tactical concepts that are age appropriate.
2. Develop good sportsmanship through a positive learning environment.
3. Give each child the opportunity to grow as a soccer player, teammate, and leader through equal participation.
Sample Practice Plans
- Click here to view the steps necessary to create your own practice plans.
- Click here for U6/U8 practice plans.
- Click here for U10 practice plans.
- Click here for U12 practice plans.
- Click here to view other practice plans.
Coaches Frequently Asked Questions
When are games?
U6 thru U10 and U14 will play on Saturdays. Typically U6 thru U10 games will be between 9:00am and 12:00pm. U14 will play in the afternoon starting at 1:00pm.
U12, U16 and up will play Sunday afternoons starting at 1:00pm.
Who do I contact about equipment and uniforms?
The club provides balls, cones, pennies, medical kits, and ball bag to it's coaches.
We also provide jerseys only for U6 and U8, uniforms (socks, shorts, and jersey) for U10 and up. U12 and up will also receive an away jersey.
Mike Leedom is the person in charge of our equipment. You can email him if you need equipment at email@example.com
The Gilbert Soccer Club utilizes multiply schools and parks within the Gilbert community to practice and play games. Click here to see a current map of the fields in Gilbert. For field locations in other communities please visit league websites Central Iowa Soccer League (U10 and below) and the Iowa Soccer League (U11 and above).
When are practices?
The Gilbert Soccer Club doesn't set practice schedules for our coaches. Some coaches will practice right after school and some will wait until 5:30 or later.
Iowa Youth Soccer Practice Duration and Frequency:
- U6 45 minutes once a week
- U8 45-60 minutes once a week
- U10 60 minutes once or twice a week
- U12 75 minutes twice a week
- U14 and Up 90 minutes twice a week
Game Cancellations U10 and Below Due to Weather?
Game cancellations due to weather are typically done league wide. You can view their cancellations through their website http://centraliowasoccer.org/